Monday, March 8, 2010

Query letter - a nightmare come true...

...or something like that.

I don't think writing a query letter is my worst nightmare. That would be ridiculous. Writing a synopsis however...


But this post wasn't supposed to be about my irrational fear of synopses nor about my other fears (Spiders...).


Okay. Let me try this again.


Query letter.


I've finally written one.


It wasn't as painful as I'd thought. Yet, I'm not sure if I possess the necessary experience to assess pain. The worst pain I've ever felt was probably when I tore a ligament, though the sound as it ripped might have distracted me from the actual pain (briefly).


I'd say writing a query letter ranks between the pain after four wisdom teeth had been extracted from my mouth and a ruptured ligament.


Or maybe I'm just exaggerating.


Writing a synopsis will probably top the ruptured ligament.


But I digress (again).


My query letter.


It's now waiting in QueryLetterHell on Absolute Write to be ripped apart. The first critique wasn't very painful. But don't let me start about pain again.


1 comment:

Annie McElfresh said...

QLH can be harsh sometimes...but for the most part--I think--people try to be helpful. I've put three queries up there, and gotten pretty decent feedback everytime. :) Good luck!!